Marketing in 2021 has required marketers in all industries to think outside the box. Many have gone back to the basic definition of Marketing, ‘discovering the needs and wants of a customer and then satisfy them,’ to recreate their strategies. How then have the needs and wants of consumers changed in 2021? Here are the top 3 Real Estate Marketing Trends to watch and adopt in real estate.
1. Voice Activated Search Engines:
Since 2018, there has been a rise in sales of smart speakers like Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Amazon Echo. These voice-activated assistants are not only used for entertainment but to also search for restaurants, hospital hours, and even real estate agents. As these voice-activated assistants become the norm in our society, there is a need to create voice-related marketing strategies for discoverability. To feature at the top of search results, marketers will need to optimize their websites with SEO, improve their Google Business and Yelp profiles with current information and customer ratings. Start by doing a phone voice search for your business name and see what comes up. Polish up to improve your business visibility in search results.
2. Use Videos for Marketing – Top Real Estate Marketing Trend
Video marketing is a powerfully effective tool to increase engagement, authenticity and hold interest with storytelling. 73% of homeowners say they are most likely to list with a real estate agent that uses video. Using video in your property listing can increase inquiries by as much as 403%. This is one of the top Real Estate Marketing Trends in 2021. Start using video for all of your properties, creating walk-throughs that highlight the stand-out features and always add that all-important call to action at the end. Post the videos on social media:
- Instagram: create a 1 min video with a call to action to click the link in your bio or do a swipe up on your stories.
- Facebook Videos: post videos showing your community by tagging local businesses or local people.
- YouTube is best to host your videos for a wide reach. Take advantage of its improved SEO features for visibility.
3. Target Millennials:
According to the NAR Home Buyers & Sellers Generational Trends Report of 2019, Millenials made up to 37% of all home buyers. The National Association of Realtors reports in Homebuyer & Seller Generational Trends in 2019 that 81% of older Millennia’s found their home through a mobile app. This upcoming generation of home buyers has a different set of needs and wants from the aging baby boomers. A few great ways to meet the needs of this market to:
- Get listed in third-party real estate sites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia and others. It is also important to optimize your website with SEO keywords.
- Appeal to their need and wants: Millennial homebuyers are environmentally conscious, seeking energy conservation, open spaces, walking trails and sustainability in their home choices. Use these values to appeal to them.
This is an exciting time for marketers who want to stay in front of these trends.
Voice-activated search engines will make it easier than ever before for customers to find what they are looking for online, so be sure that all of your content is optimized with keywords. Video marketing has proven time and again as an effective way to connect people emotionally with their product, whether that’s homes or other products related to homeownership – consider investing now! Finally, don’t forget about millennials who represent the largest living generation. In order to attract this demographic group, provide fast access on mobile devices by optimizing your website design and social media.
By turning these trends into action, we are sure your real estate business will thrive in 2021!